So I have mentioned some of this before but I think it is time for a recap. When I first started in the whole small business world, I was operating under my design website and name: ilovenataliekay. As my letterpress and printing world expanded, I knew there would be a need for a change. Since I just finished up my studio and bought a new press, I figured that time was now. I relaunched the blog here and went for it!
As such, I needed new business cards – especially with a show coming up! Unfortunately, I still need a few pieces to get my press running. Luckily, I had a friend who was willing to let me use their machine to make a small run of cards. I ordered the cuts a few weeks ago and got to printing as soon as they arrived in the mail. This was the first print on the tympan paper to position the cards for printing.
Both cuts: locked up! I got them made the exact same size, so it would be easy to drop them in the chase and relock it. I could have saved a little but getting the center lettering on the right smaller, but this just made the printing process a whole lot faster and made registration a breeze.
Inking up the machine! I took a picture of the black while it was in progress and there is my nice Pantone 382 covering the inking disc. It looks so much darker in the can but spreads out beautifully.
Here are my final cards. I am leaving the bottom blank for a few reasons. I plan on adding in the website soon, but for now I am using them as price tags so I can handwrite whatever I need on the bottom. I also figured since my handwriting was already a part of the logo, it would be easy to use and have it fit in with the top half. I can also cut the cards into squares so they are a little quirky.
And a detailed shot. I used 220lb Crane Lettra Paper. It has such a nice feel. I will probably be ordering some more soon for more samples of cards I can do!